Monday, February 4, 2008

wow.. oh so tired!

.. I always knew that a baby was going to be hard work, always. But i guess that since i was so anxious to have Johanna home, i just forgot about that part of it and focused more on just having her with me. My oh my, is it work!!! Johanna cries... a LOT! all the time. getting her to sleep at night is impossible! i feel like im doing such a shitty job, and with fernando at work at night and sleeping in the day, i feel like im doing this alone. i do enjoy spending time with johanna though. It is nice to have her with me and get to see her. And when she smiles at me ... (which she does now!!!) it makes it all worth it... the 2 hours of sleep at night dont even phase me, im just happy she is smiling!! ill put some pictures up in a couple days when i get a chance... maybe ill have 5 minutes tomorrow to upload them or something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim
Thinking of you everyday :). Sean is going home on wed...they bought so many presents for the NICU, they bought a bubbling spa bathtub for me, I mean the babies in the unit haha..they are so sweet, I will miss them.

Sorry Johanna not sleeping so well yet...she will get in the groove of things.

Tell me, is she pooping yet? what did the doctor say? also, during the day when she naps..you need to nap. Wrap her tight like the burrito after a bath and her food and hold her close to you and take some sleep.

Kim, you can call me at home...you can email me if you need to talk or want to get a tea or something...email me and let me know how she is and hopefully you will get some rest.

lots of hugs,
christine

Janelle said...

Kim, wow you sound beat..I would always try to get things done when my baby slept..learned quickly that sleep while they sleep is the only way to survive..let the rest go...Sean will be hhome soon too..I am sure I will be up at odd hours feel free to call for support or tears or whatever..you will be fine as soon as you figure out she is in charge hahaha she looks so cute..like her momma ;0