Friday, January 18, 2008

today was one of those milsstones..



everyone told me that there would be milestones throughout this NICU experience and even after. I have seen her make progress over the past 4 months and watched her grow. But today i got to see one of the biggest milestones yet, the nasal canula came off. That small but big thing that is keeping her there. To be honest i thought the day would never come. i might as well have just accepted that she would never leave, but now, its lookin like now. Johannas friend Liliana got to go home today. i felt like crying, i had watched that little grow just as i had been watching Johanna. I cared just as much about what happened to her and wanted nothing but the best for her. And today, her mothers prayers were answered. I know the nicu isnt the best experience and no one wants to end up there. But in some silly sort of way, im glad things worked out hjow they did. I got the great privelage of watching my little baby grow. A nd i watched her prove a lot of people wrong. She fought for her life, so i will give her the best, because she has given me the best of her. And also, i got to meet great people, i would love to have meet them under different circumstances, but hey, thats life and ive learned we have no control over what happens. Our bodies are just vessels for our souls, and our souls, well they have plans of their own. Ive learned that i cant always be scared, but if id have told myself that 4 months ago, i would have told me i have no idea what im talking about. Time puts everything into perspective. im so glad that a group is starting for us NICU mommys. I hope this will be a good experience, im sure it will be...






grandma and Johanna!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kim and Fernando,

I am so excited for you both and Johanna! I told Arnel tonight that he was your hero! hehe, he said, "thank you that makes me feel good." :)

It was awesome to see Liliana go home today, but inside I couldnt help but wonder what you were thinking...wishing it was your turn..but soon, oh so soon as God had planned, Johanna will go home with her family too! She will definately be home before her baptism...how exciting for you all!

My heart is filled with such joy. I know that it hs not been the easiest of times, but you have stuck with it Kim, you stayed strong, even though inside you felt weak...you are my hero! :)

See you next week...hopefully Johanna will be closer to the door on her way home yes?! oh yes.

-Christine :)

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

Hi Kim -

Thank you for posting on Will's blog. After reading Johanna's story, it sounds like she is doing really good. Count every blessing and keep your confidence in the amazing medical team at Dameron. We are so grateful to everyone in the NICU. Without them, I am not sure we would have had the time we did with Will. We miss him terribly but know that he is no longer suffering and will watch over us for the rest of our lives here on earth.

Cherish your time with Johanna, life is too short. Stay strong... she will be home soon.

Aimee Hensley (Will's Mommy)