Friday, January 25, 2008

Sidenote

So its about 4 am and usually at this time im up thinking about Johanna and how she is doing, but today when I was thinking about her I started thinking about how big she has gotten and how much better she is doing. When I was thinkin of that, it made me realize that without every single person at the Dameron NICU who has been involved in taking care of her, she more than likely would not be here. Every single person in there is truely an angel and you will never understand exactly how much I appreciate everything all of you have done. They took care of my baby when I just was not capable. All of the nicu staff are truely life savers. And I don't just mean the babies. If it wasn't for the nurses who took time out of their busyness just to talk to me and console me or even just joke with me, I might not even be here. I can say with all sincerity that they saved both of our lives. I would also like to thank Christine for always being there for me no matter what. Her patience with me was incredible and I made a nurse friend. She inspired me to want to help other people. Also Donna. She is wonderfull and is I love when I call and she already knows it is me, I could call a million times and it wouldn't bother her. Some other ladies are Marcia and Virgie who always make me laugh. Natalie who is so sweet and I can tell she lovess to take care of johanna. And I cannot forget dr. Hipolito, who is always entertaining us with his singing and uniqueness. And just to everyone else there. Even after johanna gets to come home, you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully one day I will get to work with some of the best nurses and the Dameron NICU.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kim,

i miss you!!!!
i cant wait to see you and Johanna!!! Be strong girly. better be one of the first people you call when she comes home!! i wanna see that precious angel!


Hannah

Will and Julia's Mommy said...

I second that! The nurses in the NICU at Dameron Hospital are angels... they are Johanna's angels and my little Will's angels too.

I am so glad that Johanna is getting stronger and is getting ready to go home. As you know, our little Will was not able to come home with us, he went home to God instead. I know he is now healthy, happy and safe in the arms of God and he will look over Johanna from heaven.